Sweet Moment Captured by My Pocket Camera

Happiness hit her like a bullet in the back: I used to care so much about the big things. The big things that came...

   The thing about life is you never really know where it’s going to take you next. You sit there pretty much helpless and you have to learn to laugh and cry and smile again even when things don’t go your way. The thing about life is no matter how in-charge you want to be, no matter how important people can make you feel, no matter how smart, successful, beautiful and attractive you are, you really end up in bed at night falling asleep clueless as to what will happen the next day. You may wake up to find your boyfriend kneeling beside you with an engagement ring, you may wake up to find a loved one has passed away, you may wake up to find that you forgot to turn on your alarm clock the night before. Most of the time you will be clueless, most of the time you will be like a paperboat riding the craziest, highest tides. Most of the time you will be like a fragile feather fighting back the deadliest tornadoes. Most of the time you will be clueless.

   The thing about life is you have to figure it out trial-and-error style. No one has ever claimed to credibly know the secret to living life because life happens to everyone differently. I may be happy today and you may be sad. I may be sad tomorrow but you may be happy. Feelings are relative. Emotions are relative. To what, i am still trying to figure out. I tend to laugh when people come up to me and tell me “I've found the purpose of my life.” or when they tell me that “my future is set out and i'm bound for success one hundred percent.” Because these people don't know that there is a 50-50% probability that when they cross the road to get a tall Starbucks latte, some speeding car might wham into them point-blank. Where's the success in that? or the “I've found the purpose of my life” in that? You need to understand that it's the moments that matter, not the days.

   The thing about life is i really will never be able to stand in front of a podium in an auditorium with a 1000 spectators and say confidently “I've figured this thing out.” But i know now that the people who have happened to cross my path - though they may have quickly come and gone - the memories that i have created with these people, the friends i have discovered to be true and fake, the complications i have managed to untangle, the failures i have worked harder for and have still failed in - all these conjure up the very essence of what i am today. That's the thing about life - the joys matter, but so do the mistakes and failures. Everything shapes you. Even the most insignificant little thing makes up at least a fibre of your very being. The thing about life is i still wake up not knowing what's going to happen.

   When people ask me “So have you got your future mapped out?” My favorite thing is to smile in response. The thing about life is that you have to learn to smile. :)

3 Love Letters:

  1. Mapping of Life is my first step to get my dream.

    Quotes: If u Failed to plan, U Plan Your Failed.

    i do agree with u that no one know about our life after,
    but with a good planning, little by little we are walking toward the excellence and surely with SMILE

    salam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mapping of Life is my first step to get my dream.

    Quotes: If u Failed to plan, U Plan Your Failed.

    i do agree with u that no one know about our life after,
    but with a good planning, little by little we are walking toward the excellence and surely with SMILE

    salam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree w/ you, but, did you know a quote "You are what you dream"? Though we would never know what tomorrow could bring, at least we can dream and make our dreams come true. :)

    ReplyDelete

You Are Melody Number